Sunday, January 27, 2013

Did I Just Say That???

As a Parent, have you ever said anything and thought, "did that just come out of MY mouth??!!"  I know, every single day, right?  Some days I feel like it's parental genius and the kids should probably take notes, but most days I'm not the lyrical gansta that I think I am.  Here are a few of my very recent favorites....

Money Doesn't Grow on Trees - Ok, seriously!  Did we as kids ever think that money grew on trees??  Why do we think our kids do?  I said this just the other day and the minute it was out of my mouth, I wanted so bad to reel it back in!  I swore I would never say that, and there it was, in all its glory!  But once its out, you just kind of got to go for it!  So, I explained it the same way our parents explained it, and their parents before them.... and then a few days later, Logan wanted to plant a dime in the ground.

Don't Use Those as Swords - With 3 boys, this one should go without saying.  I said it the other day when the boys were using my craft sticks that are super thin and very fragile (so of course I let them carry them...duh!) and I look over while paying and they are swinging them around... "please don't use those as swords..."  I've said it with wrapping paper tubes and sticks, and quite frankly anything long enough that could be considered swords.  And yes, my friends, I'm afraid I've had to say it while they were peeing - use your imagination....

Test Me, My Friend - Why does that feel like I just told my kids to "Bring it, Bitch"??  I would never call the boys "bitch" though - that's a weird reference for boys.  Also, and maybe this one should have gone first, I try to refrain from calling them any names.  And by "try" I really do avoid this at all costs - again, I am a firm believer my kids should never feel like CPS should be on speed dial.

Wait Until Your Dad Gets Home - Translation: wait until your dad gets home, grabs a beer and sits on the couch so he can yell at you.

So moral to the story?  If it comes out of your mouth, just go for it and make it brillant.  They are never going to remember any way!

Cheers!
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment