Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Little about me...

So, where do I start??  I wanted to do a blog more for prosperity sake, not because I have anything brilliant to say.  I want to be able to look back on where I've been, when I've laughed, and when I've wanted to cry (and probably did).  I kind of feel like I'm giving you the key to my diary...hmmm...maybe this isn't a good idea....


I'm a wife to Matt, who I met in High School.  Yep, we were young & naive, but what the hell - we've made it 15 years together & counting.  I still look at him & remember when he sang "mocking bird" to me.  I thought he'd made the song up just for me, when in reality he heard it on the movie Dumb & Dumber...my future husband sang me a Dumb & Dumber song!!!  I still laugh at the thought!  (I already said I was young and naive, so leave me alone!!)


I'm also the mom of 3 fabulous boys.  They are truly a joy to be around.  They are so caring, loving, crazy & all boy!  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  I'm anxiously waiting what they will bring to my life, because so far, I'm one lucky Momma!  


I'm also a career woman.  I have to say that some of my favorite titles are "Zack, Logan & Tanner's Mommy" and "Matt's Wife," but I would be lying if I didn't say I'm pretty dang proud of my professional title too.  I've quit (um, I mean worked) a lot of jobs to get where I am today & I'm happy with that aspect of my life.  I don't think I could be a stay at home mom in all honesty.  But, don't get me wrong... I'm a to-each-their-own kinda girl.  I think everyone needs to choose their path in life.  I'm just happy with mine.  There are days when I want to stay home with the boys, particularly when drop off at school comes with a crying 3-year old, but there are also days when I want to run away & join the circus (but then remember I am part of a circus...).  I'm lucky to primarily work out of my house as a Regional HR Generalist for a Career College.  I support 10 campuses from Everett to Portland.  I have the most amazing Boss who was more excited about my pregnancy with Tanner then I was.  I've had a few great bosses and a few that drove me nuts, but all in all, my work life has been a good ride.  (did I saw Roller Coaster Ride?  That's really what I meant.)


So, that's me!  OK, maybe a small portion of me, but me nonetheless.  I don't look at my life through rose colored glasses.  There are days that make me crazy and I'm not too proud to share that.  There are days where I just want to brag, but I also want to write what's on my mind so I don't go crazy!  I don't try to act like my life is all white picket fences & I tell it like it is.  I enjoy the journey & love every minute of it.  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment